VELscope Oral Assessment System
The VELscope® Vx, the latest model release of VELscope technology, uses natural tissue fluorescence to improve the way practitioners examine the oral mucosa and screen for tissue abnormalities by enhancing the visualization of pre-cancers, cancer, and other disease processes.
The World’s #1 Adjunctive Examination Device
Natural tissue fluorescence is caused by “fluorophores” that, when excited by light of an appropriate wavelength (e.g. blue), will emit their own light at a longer wavelength (e.g. green).
The resulting fluorescence may reveal information about cellular, structural, and/or metabolic activity changes that are often directly related to disease processes occurring inside the tissue. The VELscope Vx system is a powerful device for the enhanced visualization of mucosal abnormalities such as oral cancer and premalignant dysplasia.
Unlike other adjunctive devices used by dentists, the VELscope Vx system does not require any dyes or prolonged testing procedures. In fact, VELscope Vx examinations can be performed in the dentist’s office during routine hygiene exams (and under normal lighting conditions) in about two minutes.
VELscope® Vx Advantages
- Fits in with your workflow and complements your intra and extraoral head and neck examination with minimal set-up and only nominal time added to the overall appointment
- Helps you see things that may be hard to visualize otherwise i.e. offers an imaging modality that is sensitive to tissue changes
- Provides visual information that is bright and easy to observe within the typical lighting conditions in a dental operatory
- Allows for straightforward photo documentation – photography solution is easy to integrate and bright tissue response allows you to easily acquire digital images to be used for patient records or sent to referral partners
- Clinically proven for the enhanced visualization of mucosal abnormalities, and for use by specialists in helping establish lesion margins for surgical excision
- A very important tool in the fight against oral cancer
- Readily accepted by patients and office staff
- Well-supported in terms of after-sales support, extensive training material as well as clinical support
- Affordable for any practice
- An attractive source of ongoing revenue for dental practitioners
Capital Dental Equipment
Capital Dental Equipment Offers a Full Array of Products Designed to Complement / Improve Your Diagnostic Excellence and Patient Outcomes
Patients Served Annualy