Patient comfort is always a priority in a successful dental practice. One of the most critical decisions to ensure patient comfort is to choose the best dental chair that provides optimal comfort for patients while allowing the dental team to do their job efficiently. There are a lot of factors to consider when choosing a dental chair, and the options can be overwhelming. This article will guide you through the important details to consider when choosing a dental chair for your patients.
10 Detail to Consider When Choosing a Dental Chair
1. Headrest Design – Supporting the head is the key to providing a comfortable experience for your patient. The headrest should be lined with a thin cushion so as not to prop the head up too high and be adjustable to account for patients’ heights and procedure needs. The headrest easily allows patients to turn their heads from side to side for better access.
2. Functionality and Features – Choosing the dental chair should make your job easier while also focusing on patient comfort. The design should help increase your productivity and effectiveness during any procedure. You can find features in dental chairs to help improve performance, including flexible foot controls, adjustable memory to adapt to seat positions, and a control panel to adjust comfort and seat position.
3. Ergonomic Design – Patients often sit in dental chairs for long periods, and investing in an ergonomic design can alleviate discomfort for both the patient and the dental team. A superior ergonomic design with the dental team in mind supports the neutral position of the spine, shoulders, elbows, and wrists as the procedure is performed.
4. Armrests – The armrests are valuable for a patient’s comfort and should be considered when choosing a dental chair. The armrests should be positioned so the patient can comfortably rest their arms without losing feeling, no matter their position. The second feature should allow the armrest to be moved to enable patients to easily enter the chair and lock it into place after lying comfortably.
5. Adjustability – A good dental chair has a good swivel and height adjusting mechanism to accommodate ideal access to the patient enabling the dental team to work comfortably. Beyond headrest adjustability, the chair should move easily, allowing for rotation and tilt along with removable armrests to maximize patient access.
6. Style and Design – The dental chair takes up a prominent space in your dental office, and it’s the first thing your patients see when they walk in. You want the chair to look inviting and match the overall aesthetic of your dental practice. Choose the color, fabric, and finish that best suits your dental office design before you move forward with your purchase. A great design allows your dental chair to blend in seamlessly with your office design.
7. Protection – Considering the dental chair, you want to be conscientious of the chair you choose, from the baseplate to the material. The chair is under a lot of duress as it takes on many patients daily. The chemicals’ and moving parts’ wear and tear should be minimal in a high-quality chair. You want to avoid purchasing a dental chair that chips or scratches easily and should look as good as new for years.
8. Chair Stability – The chair’s stability is often overlooked, and you want to ensure your dental chair is stable for your patient and allows you and your dental team to work effectively. A chair-mounted delivery system is more stable than a cabinet or wall-mounted system.
9. Adaptability to Patient Needs – A great dental chair accommodates special needs such as wheelchair use. The chair’s adjustability features help patients with a wheelchair chair, allowing for easier and more comfortable patient care. You can consider pediatric dentist adjustments and accessories such as boosters to provide care for children in your practice
10. Accessories – Dental chairs can be fitted with various accessories to help optimize workability as you and your dental team work through procedures. Accessories such as light fixtures, delivery units, trays, and cabinets prevent extra wiring and provide all the utensils you need nearby to eliminate any unnecessary wait times as you manage your patient’s procedure.
Where can you find the perfect dental chair for your dental practice?
Choosing the perfect dental chair keeps your patient’s comfort in mind while allowing functionality and flexibility for your dental team to care for the patient during any procedure efficiently. When you purchase a chair, you want to ensure the chair is dependable beyond comfort and should last in your practice for years.
Partnering with Capital Dental Equipment provides you with high-quality equipment to fit your practice and allows you to optimize the care of your patients.
Shop dental chairs now!